Kurt Hills Atlas — Almost almost almost!

Home Forums Talz’s Journal Kurt Hills Atlas — Almost almost almost!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Talzhemir 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Talzhemir
    Keymaster

It has been over a year since my last post. The KHA is pretty much ALL that I’ve worked on. I’m so looking forwards to sharing this with all who backed us on the Kickstarter. Just for fun, here is an excerpt. As you can see, it isn’t just a list of villages. A few fun new creatures have crept in.
    ———-

[[Sidebar]] Fesúkh: The Creeping Mask of Gluttony. Large Hex 4112 has the greatest concentration of a pest found in the Swamps of Ksárul: the Fesúkh. It is an elastic creature with a shell marked with four eyespots; it ranges in size from dinner plate to serving tray. Both day and night, it crawls over the ground on four tentacles. It travels in packs attracted to animals’ exhalations.

They seek out sleeping prey. In unison, they extend themselves above the victim’s head, then suddenly clasp tight with their arms. They extend a special feeding limb into the victims’ mouths, causing them to cough and choke, making little sound, and typically passing out during the struggle. Each Fesúkh’s goal is to suck its victim’s most recent dinner from their stomach. Having accomplished this, they will quickly scuttle off. This attack can be fatal if the victim’s stomach was especially full.

The Fesukh is a creature also known as the Mask of Gluttony.

This creature is sometimes kept magically preserved in a dormant state because it can actually be used to save a patient from an ingested poison. Tubes are placed in the patient’s nostrils to prevent suffocation. They are also utilized in a very specific and ancient rite of the Temple of Hriháyal that is not discussed with outsiders.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Talzhemir.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.